Vegas Day-3

A dedicated section especially for all you bloggers out there to hang out. Read some of the best poker blogs in the business.
Devlin
Straight
Straight

Vegas Day-3

Postby Devlin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:46 pm

Day 3 Sunday
Today we stay in the hotel, I'm still shattered, I can't sleep properly, waking up every hour or so. I play the lunchtime comp at the Orleans, $60, 5,000 chips with 30m blinds, there's 70 runners paying top 9, winner will get $1,200.
I play tight and don't really get involved with anyone; I have my sights set on top 3. At break 1 I'm on 8,000 chips or so, I build them up to 9,000 without seeing a genuine hand. The blinds are at 300/600/50ra and I'm on the button, UTG raises all in 4k, UTG+1 calls and UTG+2 re raises all in 6,200. I say "if I have aces here I can pass" to the players amazement; "You'd pass aces?" "4 ways?, yes.” I look down at TT and pass. The guy next to me says wow that’s a big lay down for you there. UTG+1 makes the call for 2,200, OK they flip em over, showing 44, KK & 99 respectfully. The flop's all blanks, the turn is the T :roll: with the whole table making the collective groan and the river was also no help for the other 2 so Kings are good. We split the table and we’re now down to 28 players and I’m getting blinded away. I push with A3s in the CO and the BB calls with QT, I have him covered but he spikes a T, I push again next hand with ATs and again the BB calls with A6o hitting a 6 on the flop. I’m out in 25th.
The night game was $60, same structure etc. 117 runners, winner got $1,600. I run quite deep into this comp but head out in 29th. I make a silly mistake UTG with TT, I have 21k, blinds were 1,000/2,000/200ra, 9 handed, I should have passed PF but I raised. Guy on my left reraised all in so I call, he has QQ which leaves me with about 6k. The next hand i’m BB with 78s, the hijack makes it 4k, the button pushes for 6k and I make the call hoping they each have AQ or AK. Hijack shows 88 and the button shows TT, the flop is good 77K, the turn was the case 8! Oh dear. I didn’t see the river card and wandered off to bed at about 11:30pm.
I’m gonna play the Venetian Deepstack today at 12:00pm, it’s a $330 buy in & on Thursday last week, this same comp attracted 915 runners, Chaz Chatta picked up 2nd place for $33,000, the other guys from the hit squad are around and Mr Thew is also there. This tournament clashes with a $1,500 bracelet event today so maybe the field will be a bit smaller. You can see results and schedules here.
Thanks again.
PS I had a better night’s sleep last night, its 7:00am Monday morning while I right this. I’m gonna go for a swim and have a big breakfast.
One door closes and another one opens.

Billyboy
Three of a Kind
Three of a Kind

Re: Vegas Day-3

Postby Billyboy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:21 pm

Devlin wrote:Day 3 Sunday
Today we stay in the hotel, I'm still shattered, I can't sleep properly, waking up every hour or so. I play the lunchtime comp at the Orleans, $60, 5,000 chips with 30m blinds, there's 70 runners paying top 9, winner will get $1,200.
I play tight and don't really get involved with anyone; I have my sights set on top 3. At break 1 I'm on 8,000 chips or so, I build them up to 9,000 without seeing a genuine hand. The blinds are at 300/600/50ra and I'm on the button, UTG raises all in 4k, UTG+1 calls and UTG+2 re raises all in 6,200. I say "if I have aces here I can pass" to the players amazement; "You'd pass aces?" "4 ways?, yes.” I look down at TT and pass. The guy next to me says wow that’s a big lay down for you there. UTG+1 makes the call for 2,200, OK they flip em over, showing 44, KK & 99 respectfully. The flop's all blanks, the turn is the T :roll: with the whole table making the collective groan and the river was also no help for the other 2 so Kings are good. We split the table and we’re now down to 28 players and I’m getting blinded away. I push with A3s in the CO and the BB calls with QT, I have him covered but he spikes a T, I push again next hand with ATs and again the BB calls with A6o hitting a 6 on the flop. I’m out in 25th.
The night game was $60, same structure etc. 117 runners, winner got $1,600. I run quite deep into this comp but head out in 29th. I make a silly mistake UTG with TT, I have 21k, blinds were 1,000/2,000/200ra, 9 handed, I should have passed PF but I raised. Guy on my left reraised all in so I call, he has QQ which leaves me with about 6k. The next hand i’m BB with 78s, the hijack makes it 4k, the button pushes for 6k and I make the call hoping they each have AQ or AK. Hijack shows 88 and the button shows TT, the flop is good 77K, the turn was the case 8! Oh dear. I didn’t see the river card and wandered off to bed at about 11:30pm.
I’m gonna play the Venetian Deepstack today at 12:00pm, it’s a $330 buy in & on Thursday last week, this same comp attracted 915 runners, Chaz Chatta picked up 2nd place for $33,000, the other guys from the hit squad are around and Mr Thew is also there. This tournament clashes with a $1,500 bracelet event today so maybe the field will be a bit smaller. You can see results and schedules here.
Thanks again.
PS I had a better night’s sleep last night, its 7:00am Monday morning while I right this. I’m gonna go for a swim and have a big breakfast.

Where??

Nice write up! Why didnt you wait to see if river was case 7 to give you quads, :lol: :lol: :lol: !!!

Devlin
Straight
Straight

Postby Devlin » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:14 pm

sorry billy, hyperlink didnt work, http://www.pokerpages.com
One door closes and another one opens.

Return to “AWOP Blog Spot”