Vegas Day-1

A dedicated section especially for all you bloggers out there to hang out. Read some of the best poker blogs in the business.
Devlin
Straight
Straight

Vegas Day-1

Postby Devlin » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:10 pm

Good morning sports fans. Here's an update for day 1 in Las Vegas, There is a free wifi internet access area in the Seattles Best Coffee section of my hotel.

My flight was at 11:00am UK time, I arrived at 20:00 Vegas time. Checked in and got a strip view, we asked for an upgrade to a suite but the clerk said come again Monday morning and ask, we should be able to upgrade you as they're booked at the weekends. I said we'd sort out some beer tokens for him when we get the upgrade so I just give him $10 for his help.

I was late for the 19:00 tournament, you can buy in for the first hour (2 levels), there were 122 runners paying top 9, the winner receiving $3,890. $110 buy in! Great comps here.

I decided to play cash (I dont play cash), as you know. I sat down at the 1/2 with $100. I needed my poker fix!
***WARNING, POKER CONTENT***
Now here in America, they're SUPER FISH! like the pit game in the G on a Saturday night but on steroids. I decide to play tight and just get a few hours in before bed. I get AK on the button and make it $8 to go, 5 callers :( I miss and fold post flop to raises. I pick up a few more decent hands, AK, AQ, TT, TT, I raise and miss/lose every hand to the hyper fish. I get AA and raise to $8, 2 callers (BB & MP), flop A35 :D rainbow, check check, i bet $10, call, call, Turn 8, check, check, i bet $20, call call :D , river 4 (no flush out), BB bets $20 :? MP calls, I decide to just call. I show the set, BB shows 25 :( MP mucks.

I raise with QQ, 2 callers, flop comes AKK SB bets $10 MP calls I fold, turn was a 6, bet call, river was a blank, what did they show? SB shows Q2 OMG! I say, MP shows 56, OMG! I couldnt believe what I was seeing.

I lose again with AA and KK so I think f c u k it, i'm having some of this now. I raise up with 39o in the CO 4 callers :roll: , flop 33T LMAO, we end up 3 handed, with a raise and a reraise, I flat call the RR and the original R'r RR, the other guy flat calls & I push for about $36 more, he calls and I show the 3 after the river card. "2 to win" says the dealer, I show the 9! WTF? they both say showing AT and AK (fools) a Chinese guy says "You raised with that sh*t?" I reply "is that allowed in here?" "my bad!" as I scooped.

I have another hand with AA UTG so I limp, there's 2 guys betting into me, the CO and the B, I check call $20 bets post flop and the same on the turn. The river brings an Ace and my trousers rise :) so I lead out with $40, the CO folds and the B says "I cant fold" and doesn't, I show the set and get rewarded.

The play was awful, I busted 1 guy 3 times and various others. A black kid called a $180 all in with QJo AND LOST. WTF? CRAZY!
OVERALL I CASH OUT $500 (+400) and I dont play cash.

Its 08:15 now and there is a $200 comp at 2pm in the Binions poker classic hopefully I'll update tomorrow if the insomnia lingers. Thanks for reading.
One door closes and another one opens.

Kev B
Flush
Flush

Postby Kev B » Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:55 pm

Great stuff Dev keep em comming. I stayed at the Orleans the first time I went ,and yes the comps are good but they used to have a lot of good locals in em.

Good luck.

Da Bookie
Two Pair
Two Pair

Postby Da Bookie » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:01 pm

Great isn`t it back out wed cannot wait try the bellagio $5/$2 enjoy.

The-Tower
The Nuts
The Nuts

Postby The-Tower » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:54 am

Nice start Dev, keep us informed on the rest of the tour... :lol: :lol:
I am The Tower........

Devlin
Straight
Straight

Postby Devlin » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:45 am

Cheers. I lost $100 this morning & played the $200 at Binions finishing 31/216 players. I'll update later as I've no notes at the moment, but I played too aggressive and didn't slow down. Spewd a 70k stack when average was 35k.
Note to self:
My balls are NOT bigger than my head. Too many beers I think. :roll:

The Fox
The Nuts
The Nuts

Postby The Fox » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:04 pm

Good start Martin....keep it going :lol:
https://www.facebook.com/awoplive/

psychodave
The Nuts
The Nuts

Postby psychodave » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:32 pm

Great write up, I enjoy these in forum blogs on trips away 8)
"The motto of chivalry is also the motto of wisdom; to serve all, but love only one. " IN HOC SIGNO VINCES "

Kev B
Flush
Flush

Postby Kev B » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:01 pm

psychodave wrote:Great write up, I enjoy these in forum blogs on trips away 8)

+1

Doublebubble
The Nuts
The Nuts

Postby Doublebubble » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:28 pm

Good read, and like the photos on Facebook especially....

http://www.facebook.com/rickgilby

"vita non est vivere sed valere vita est"

Devlin
Straight
Straight

Postby Devlin » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:41 pm

Thanks to everyone who posts, I know this doesn't interest some people but I dont mind. I do it for my benefit to be perfectly honest. I find that by writing down how I play and how I approach the game and then reading it back to myself (as a punter), I can improve and adapt to different circumstances.

Here is the link for day 2 http://www.aworldofpoker.com/forum/view ... 872#218872 I've copy and pasted it to my blog also.

Thanks again, I hope you can share my experience through my honesty. I'm f*ing knackered, went to bed at 11:00pm and woke up at 2:05am I cant sleep!

PeeKay
The Nuts
The Nuts

Postby PeeKay » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:56 am

Great first day Blog Dev, really enjoyable read :)
www.thenutz.tv/live
Some people are born with greatness, others have it thrust upon them. I on the other hand have abit of both ;)

Return to “AWOP Blog Spot”